Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Yes, I'm awesome

If you'll go over to Mal's website, you will see that my icon in the comments section is now Ollie the weatherman. I think that pretty much sums up my personality, right?

So, yesterday was my birthday. Thanks to all of you who left me a message on Facebook - maybe someday I'll get around to writing on your wall. Who am I kidding, I've got nothing better to do, I'll probably do it within a few days. But then again, I am lazy.

So, this weekend was pretty good. Mal came in on Friday night, and we went through the ghetto part of Austin to get to my apartment. He said, "What crazy route are you taking me? ... oh yeah, you moved." Genius.

Saturday we drove to Houston, Mal had his first taste of Whataburger, which was very well received, and we got into Houston right when the Irish were kicking off. The game was... oh my God. We nearly lost. Weeeeeep. I mean, thank God we won.

My dad grilled fajitas and then Mal, Jaime and Ana and I all went out to the Rice Village. Despite living in Houston all my life, I'd never been out to the Rice Village. It was a nice little collection of bars, but it didn't really compare to 6th Street. What does, really, other than Mardi Gras?

Sunday, we drove back to Austin. I won some tickets to a Lone Star Riverboat cruise at the TLF auction, so I decided to go ahead and go to a night bat watch. I know Mal has gone on and on about the bats, but you must trust me, for I speak-a Spanish: the bats coming out of the bridge. Was. AWESOME. You haven't truly lived until you've seen a colony of about 1.5 million bats drop from a bridge and fly off like a cloud of smoke. I really should actually explore the city more. And bring a camera. To top off the day before my birthday, we went to dinner at Hooters - I think buffalo anything is quickly becoming my favorite meal. Mal and I then bought a sampling of tasty beers from around the world and enjoyed them with cookies delivered to my door. BONG.

1 comment:

Mal said...

How did we both forget to write about that awesome dude literally swinging a woman around a crowded bar by her legs? His story must be told!