Sunday, October 01, 2006

What??

I waited a full week to see if anyone had anything to say on the subject of zombies. I guess they don't.

My brother sent me this awesome meltdown by an MSU radio announcer. So what if I'm a week late.

I went to Wal-Mart today, which reminded me how much I hate people.

I guess there isn't much more to say except, I'll see all of you in the Bend this weekend.

Sometimes I forget I'm supposed to be talking about law school. So I'll try and give you a bit of an update of what's been going on. OCI is finally over, and I'm still waiting on the vast majority of places to hear if I get a callback or an outright rejection. I have my first callback interview tomorrow in San Antonio, and really, I don't know what to expect. I have nothing to tell these people that they don't know from my resume or my first interview. And I'm supposed to talk to various people for two hours? What am I going to be doing? At the very least, they're taking me to lunch afterward, which should be nice, but not nearly as awesome as attempting to drive back to get to class on time. It's going to be time to see what The Phantom can do on the open road!

6 comments:

E. Luther said...

Re: Walmart, Chicago just got its first one. The alderman of the district it's in was on TV in a big, blazing American Flag scarf to argue for the place of poverty-level wages and poor-quality wares in her community. It didn't make me hate people -- just Wal*mart.

I don't know how I feel about Zombies -- that whole John Mayer thing was way confusing. Maybe he IS one?

phil said...

interviews: i've got your solution. here are your talking points.

a. why a raw steak is preferrable to poison ivy salad.

b. which famous cases you would include in the docket of your life.

c. the emerging danger of loose seals in the Pacific.

insta-job!

Lizett! said...

I'm not Wal-Mart's biggest fan either, but it is convenient and I came up blank for other places to buy travel-sized plastic containers to hold my shampoo and conditioner. Good on Chicago for holding out for so long.

John Mayer is rather zombie-like. Dead eyes, bad hair, it all makes sense.

Philip: Your advice would have been more helpful on Monday. It's okay, I was able to keep them entertained with tales of band, Spain, and inappropriate theatre productions (I guess you're really not supposed to talk about gay bashing in interviews, but he asked what the play was about!)

E. Luther said...

Lizett, I think the most important factor of the interview is the sartorial factor -- hopefully you wore something that fit the formula "A on A" or "B on B," and not the formula "A on B." I trust you did.

ndNips said...

Ooo.. getting more mileage out of a one-line Walmart comment than an entire zombie post. What's worse is no longer having the excuse "waiting for posts" before the end of the week. Zing. The blog gods are fickle beings.

Pack your drinkin' pants, we're burning the city down!

Lizett! said...

The drinking pants are packed.

Eliz: I wore black on black, with a teal button-up underneath. So I guess it was A over B, on A.