Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The Finals Countdown

If you're wondering why I haven't updated in a while it's because today was my first final. I am completely done with torts! I can totally sue someone for you. This test was an 8 hour take-home exam. I was at school today from 8am to a little after 4pm. I have come to the conclusion that 8 hour take-homes are the cruelest form of torture known to man. Just enough time to do a lot of work, but not enough to relieve the time pressure.

Mal came to visit last weekend, which was excellent. We saw the ridiculous houses on Lake Austin from Mount Bonnell, including many with boat garages, video games and general ticket-grabbing awesomeness at Dave and Buster's, and a trip to go see Stick It with every other 12-year-old in the Arboretum area. I put Stick It squarely in the middle between Center Stage and Bring It On, and if you say I stole that from Mike Lassaude, I will punch you in the face.



Finally, and most importantly, I must announce that MY softball team won the 1L Law School Softball Championship! Our picture is going up in Gregory Gym, and I got an uber-sweet "Intramural Champions" t-shirt to proclaim just how awesome I am. And by awesome, I mean totally sweet.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You stole that from Mike.

Also, you threatened battery in the same post you mentioned taking your torts final. I am not sure that this bodes well for your grade...

Lizett! said...

Hey anonymous,
Since you did point that out, I must admit that, yes, I stole it from Mike. But second, any old fool at Texas Institute of Law Tech Law School knows that for a real battery claim the threat must be credible. And I doubt any threat made by me is credible.

Anonymous said...

We've seen you when you are mad. It's credible alright (and that's assault you are speaking of, I believe, but we'll leave that alone). :-)

And I probably should have put some kind of winky face on the first post, too.

E. Luther said...

I'm not to the point in One L yet where they sit finals. Judging by the way it's going, though, I'm imagining some sort of bloodbath; perhaps the guy with the moustache will stab Perini with a trident?! (don't spoil it for me, though . . . I'll find out SOON ENOUGH). Does this sort of melee-type activity go town in Tejas, too?