Thursday, May 25, 2006

Extended hiatus

I've gotten complaints that I'm not updating enough to your liking. The truth is, I've been in Houston for a week and a half or so, and there is literally nothing to do. I watch a lot of TV. I help my mom cook dinner. That's about it.

My dad's birthday was on Tuesday. We got him a sander and a stereo. And we had brownies and ice cream that night.

See what I mean, people? Do you want more of that? Do you?

I'm heading back to Austin tomorrow, which should provide more craziness than now. Things to do, people to see. Or things to see, such as X-Men 3. That will be the highlight of my weekend. I am so not lying right now.

So, I've been rereading Scott Turow's "One L" to see just how full of shit he is. During orientation, we were told not to believe much of it, and in hindsight, they were right. They also said, "You know, if you don't want law school to be stressful, maybe you shouldn't attempt to write your first novel during your first year." Take that, Turow. Also, the 1Ls at Harvard are insane. Reading ahead? Reading law review artices about the case to have extra info in class? How can you complain about gunners when your entire class is some sort of race of super-gunners? God, I'll kill you, Harvard Law Class From 25 Years Ago! I can't even get myself to finish reading past their first finals.

So, I turn to TV instead. Does anyone else think Jorge Ramos is the Hispanic Anderson Cooper? Decide for yourselves.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your section obviously had no similarity to Section 1. Section 1 is ohterwise known as the Worst Section Ever.

There was actually a girl in Section 1 that would waive her hand and make nervous noises if a professor didn't call on her right away. It made me hate my law school life. And her.