Friday, May 19, 2006

Blow me, Bureaucracy

Mother of God. 7 hours in a government office. Granted, it was not the US Government's office, it was the Mexican Consulate's office, but still - GOOD LORD. The only thing that stopped me from committing suicide was the lack of an object sharp enough, that and the judging from all those around me. The one bright spot is that I saw a guy with a hook for a hand! He was pretty entertaining, although I don't think he meant to be, and if he knew how many times I was staring at his hook, he would have impaled me with it. Damn, I should have made a bad hook joke, he would have put me out of my misery. There was also an employee who was wearing a red elastic-waistband jacket with the sleeves pushed up, Miami Vice-style. AND he was wearing a piano key necktie!
*Note!* Although this man is not wearing a piano key necktie, this is one of the first images that comes up when you search google. I like the fact that he is labeled an "objet d'art". Classy.

Anyway, after that, I had to go redo my fingerprints for the DOJ because, apparently, the first time I did them they were too dark but hopefully they will scan in that crazy, 2 million dollar machine of theirs. Suck it, bureaucracy.

So, some people have said they have gotten grades back. A-bwaaaah? Maybe it's just for upper level courses, because I'm still convinced there's at least a month left until we get ours.

4 comments:

E. Luther said...

Speaking of elastic-waistband-styled Miami Vice, I saw the preview for the movie version of that shaiiiiitttt yesterday and, mmm, while it looks terrible, it also looks quite sexy. But terrible.

Anonymous said...

While the template is much easier on the eyes, I still hate having to click twice to leave comments. Boo!

Lizett! said...

Sorry! I'm trying to work on it, I swear.

Goat said...

Oh man, was it a Death Hook?