Sunday, December 17, 2006

Is Wayne Brady gonna hafta choke a bitch?

I consider myself a pretty good neighbor. I don't leave trash outside my door (unlike some people in my apartment complex), don't make noise, yadda yadda yadda. And I can pretty much deal with other people that do. Last year I had a neighbor who cooked curry almost every night, and the smell seeped its way into my apartment nearly every night. There was nothing I could do about it. The curry smell was too powerful for my meager "Oust" sprays and Yankee candles. But, I didn't complain, because I'm not big into confrontation, and I pretty much don't care.

But lately, things are starting to push me over the edge.

Not the people in my complex - my complex is fine, even though the walls/ceilings are so thin, when the person who lives above me gets up to pee in the middle of the night, it sounds like he's peeing into the bowl directly above my head. No, the problem I am having is with the people who live in this pseudo house-apartment right next door to me. They've had a couple of parties during the semester - fine, whatever, we live near a college campus, so that's expected. But don't start to mess with my sleep during finals. Monday night they had a gathering. Thursday night they had some sort of party/singalong on their porch (which is directly across from my door), and I didn't complain even though I had an 8:30 final the next day. But last night - last night, they had an all-out fiesta with music and loud debauchery until 4am. 4AM. I don't get angry about many things, but if you mess with my sleep, especially during finals, you will feel the consequences. And now, as I'm trying to study the Model Rules of Professional Responsibility, they're having another hippie-campfire singalong. Sure, maybe the undergrads are done with finals, but this is law school. I hate you, and if you have another party, I will call the cops on you. Yes, I realize this makes me officially old. Grab me a can of Ensure, I need my sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what's more disturbing. The whole peeing above your head thing or the fact you're willing to go all Dwight Shrute on your neighbors.

Mal said...

Should I tell everyone my awesome plan to break their party up?