Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I think I can see the light

Today was my last day of professional responsibility. I love DZ. Even though he rambles and is kind of all over the place in his lectures, he's a really nice guy and does try to explain things as clearly as possible. Plus, he sponsored our National Intramural Co-Ed Law School Softball Champions of the World team. I felt okay giving him the obligatory round of applause at the end of class today. He's earned it.

I'm currently in my 3-hour class. Through a fortuitous planning by the University, we're having Monday classes twice this week. Which means double 3-hour class this week. I don't know if you've noticed, but I sort of despise this class. I've made a vow never to sign up for any class, no matter how great it souds if it is 3 hours long. I was really looking forward to this beforehand, what a letdown. All I know is that I really don't want to clap at the end of today. But, I probably will, just like that guy who doesn't really want to get up during a standing ovation. Part of the ritual, I suppose.

In a move that is either genius or complete and total insanity, Mal is coming this weekend. On the plus side, I can get in my cramming this week and just relax before finals. On the bad side... I won't be getting a whole ton of studying done this weekend. I was thinking about it, and this semester is in sharp contrast to last year, first semester. Last year I had a study group that met once a week all year, and stepped it up to 3-4 times a week in the last month of class. We started doing practice exams a month before, shared answers, reserved rooms in the library, looked up different study aids and outlines. Now, I can't really be bothered. Study groups don't really exist second year. I've gotten some outlines, so I guess that's a step up. I didn't do much of any of that stuff last semeter, and my grades pretty much came out the same. Which proves the widely held theory that grades are basically arbitrary, and nothing you do will really make a huge difference. First year, they scare you to death, second year they work you to death... Let's try and avoid that. Strive for mediocrity! Only two more weeks to go!

No comments: