Tuesday, October 25, 2005

It's my birthday, I'm getting drunk

Thanks for all the birthday wishes on Sunday! The good thing about facebook is that it reminds everyone that it's your birthday so you get tons of birthday wishes without being all showy about it. It's only Tuesday and I'm already relieved because I feel the week is almost over. Really, four hours of class (including civ pro) is too much for one day.

So this weekend was pretty good. I went home Friday night, watched some Law and Order: CI with my mom. I say: major thumbs up for getting rid of Vincent D'Onofrio and that stupid girl. He really got on my nerves and she was always made to look like an idiot. Now they have Chris Noth back on L&O, which is cool and the girl is not a total pushover. Makes the show about ten times better.

Saturday I went shopping with my Mom (huge surprise there) and got some great shoes for cheap, and Sarah and Sonal came over to watch the Astros game. It was a lot of fun, we got a mountain of wings (mmmm, wings!) and just caught up. Sunday was my birthday, and I went to lunch with my parents and got some pretty good presents. The lineup:

  • The new Sarah Jessica Parker perfume. I'm afraid to use it.
  • Pearl earrings and necklace combo (such a parent present)
  • Arrested Development Season 2 (booya!)
  • Batman Begins (Double booya!)
  • Kanye West's new album
I don't know about you guys, but 22 was so anticlimactic compared to 21. Granted, 21 was on a Saturday night at Notre Dame, not a Sunday in Houston. But then I went to see a Second City show at the PAC, went out Finnigan's/The Library (depending what year you graduated) and... whatever bar we went to after that since Jenna almost came to blows with some guy for saying she didn't go to Notre Dame or some other thing I can't remember... and the next night we went to Bruno's for dinner and Fiddler's Hearth for drinks. So really, you can't top that. Oh, and I got a call from Mr. Belding - yeah, any birthday after that one is just downhill.

So what's with all the crazy amount of posting in our little circle of blogs last week? I loved it. It's the epitome of what our blogs should be. And it gives me things to read in class while attempting to not laugh out loud.

No comments: