Monday, October 31, 2005

If anyone cares to fill in the details, please let me know


Today I laughed out loud in Contracts, and not because I was IM'ing people, but because I looked around the room at one point and every single person had this look of utter confusion on their faces. I also nearly ate it about five times walking aound slick tile while wearing flip-flops. I mean, who puts slick tile outdoors?!


Anyway, some of you may have heard rumors or passing bits of this weekend, so here's the rundown.

Friday was Ex Parte, the annual law school Halloween party. Our section had a big "law enforcement" theme, so each of us tried to get a different aspect of the law enforcers. In case you can't tell from the picture, I went as a CSI. One guy from our section dressed up as an Orkin man. Not original, right? Wrong. He had a sprayer full of tequila and Sprite. Not the best combination, but quite hilarious to drink out of and tequila usually is always a good shot choice. Anyway, so we get to Ex Parte and there are a good amount of people there. There were some pretty creative costumes, but we definitely should have won best group - I think there were flaws in the nomination system. After a help-yourself beer bar and several shots of Orkin/tequila, I somehow made it home. I definitely was still drunk when I woke up the next day to get to my flight. I think I was just hungover by the time my dad and brother picked me up.

As a result of Ex Parte, I have some crazy injuries. Huge bruises on each of my thighs, some sort of giant cut on the back of my leg, and a bruise on my back. Also, my cash is totally gone (I'm assuming to pay the cab). The last half-hour or so and most of the way back to my place is a little fuzzy, so if anyone cares to fill me in, I'd appreciate it.

I did some sleeping and some studying at home, and then I went to dinner and - surprise! My cousins, aunt, and grandma were in town from Mexico. Now, I love this part of my family so I was really excited to see them. As usual we stayed up ridiculously late talking. The next day was the performance of Wicked - I've been looking forward to this for so long. It was definitely worth it. The acting was good but not great, and the special effects were amazing. The story is hilarious and I just had a great time.

I'm sure it would have been lots of fun to skip out on all that at the last minute so Mal could come in, but I would have been useless on Saturday. I still had a headache when I went to bed Saturday night.

Finally, tonight is Halloween - we bought a little bag of mini Snickers just in case some trick-or-treaters come, but really, we know there aren't any coming and will be eating them all within a few days.

2 comments:

E. Luther said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
E. Luther said...

Lizett, I like that in that picture your hair and your friend's wig-hair are strikingly similar (in the best way possible), just on opposite ends of the monochrome shade scale.