Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Updates on demand

Some people have been complaining/bitching about me not updating. All I'm saying is if you don't comment, you can't complain. I run on affection.

Just a few things to update, most of which aren't relevant to me. This weekend I went to Notre Dame for my last home game visit of the year. I flew into Chicago, and Mal came all the way to O'Hare to pick me up. Awwwww. I wish I had some exciting, wacky stories from the weekend, but it was a lot of lounging and some unpleasant weather during the game. A victory is another victory. A lot of people were in town, but alas, my path did not cross with a lot of them. Some things to come out of this weekend: A delicious meal at Parisi's thanks to Andy's family, and a whole new Mothball catchphrase of "Ahh! My knees!" Yeah, I don't know where that came from either.

Back in Austin, today is election day. I voted a couple of weeks ago, so hopefully that will make a bit of a difference in today's outcomes. I'm going to be that annoying person and urge all of you to vote vote vote! I'm even wearing my Uncle Sam t-shirt today.

I am fairly convinced that Borat is already on that road to over-use. Prime example: Two attorneys substitute-taught my international commercial arbitration class. In eeeeevery single example of a bilateral investment treaty between two countries, one of the lawyers used Kazahkstan and the US. And so it begins.

And finally, in a glorious moment of live television, I present to you the Country Music Awards. Now, I am not a country music fan, but you must trust me, for I speak-a Spanish... this is a classic clip. Look at Faith Hill's reaction to Carrie Underwood winning... whatever that category was. Priceless!

1 comment:

ndNips said...

Hey Lizett! What's up? I hope things are going... oh... oh, wait... nevermind.

See ya next post.