Monday, June 19, 2006

No, I am not underwater

So, I have had a few people* call me today asking if I am in need of a raft or canoe of some kind. My part of town never floods. So, feel free to send one over to the other side of city, but I can assure you I'm good.

In the middle of the rain storm this morning, though, I got to drive over to the doctor's and the hospital to have my pre-op and pre-admit appointments. As many of you know, I am getting my tonsils out this week, Thursday to be precise (they rescheduled today). I really didn't know what to expect, but I should have known. What else do you do at a doctor's office? Wait. And answer a bunch of questions about my medical history. I didn't tell them I had the herp, I was too embarassed. Besides, that has nothing to do with my tonsils. One of the forms I had to sign had all that waiver crap, inlcuding "I acknowledge that there are no guarantees". I nearly laughed out loud, as it reminded me of first case in law school ever, Hawkins v. McGee. Seriously, they still need to put that in a waiver? I realized that laughing would, in fact, make me a huge tool outright (as opposed to just a closet tool) and the nurse would probably stick me extra hard with the needle. Also, did you know they can test for your pulse in your foot?

Happy birthday to Philip. Sorry about the apocalypse raining down on you.

*relatives and family friends. Not anyone cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aren't you supposed to be working? It's like a week away from July!