Sunday, June 18, 2006

Like platinum I shine

I saw that on someone's license plate cover on Friday. He was P-I-M-P-ing in a blue Accord.

First of all, mad props to Doozer for e-mailing out the pictures from last weekend! There were a few choice ones, but this one has to be my favorite, even though I can't really explain why.



Friday was a mad fury of activity that I don't usually do in an entire week. Philip and I went to the Galleria where we both convinced each other to drop way more than we should have on, let's be honest, some pretty fly gear. On the way home, we were in a left turn lane that was green, and when it turned red, five cars ran the red light. Five. I missed driving in Houston. After that, I went to Laurie's house and we went to the Astros game from there. Her sister has season tickets, so our seats were pretty deece. The game... was a bit atrocious. There was one exciting inning where the Stros scored two points... but we ended up leaving in the 8th inning. Not so much because they were losing 7-2, but because Katie had tickets to go see Harland Williams at the Laff Stop. He is perhaps best known for his role in the movie Half Baked, which you may have totally forgotten about until now. I assure you, it is still awesome. And all that in ONE DAY.

Saturday, it rained most of the day and I stayed in and flipped between the World Cup matches and some of my favorite TLC programming. Never thought you'd hear that, right? That late afternoon, I drove all the way out to BFE (aka Deer Park) for Laurie's welcome home party. She's the one who just finished basic training and AIT... I forgot what that stands for. Everything is an acronym. Nice area of town, huh? I don't think I've ever been out there before, but then again, I did see signs for the Battleship Texas and San Jacinto monument, so I'm sure I've been out there for field trips a few times. All I can say is, I'm glad I don't live in the part of town that blows up every few years and has a year-round stench.

No comments: