Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Rita is a ho


First of all, let me say that the main reason I haven't updated is because unless you are in law school, most of the stuff I'm doing is totally uninteresting. In fact, it's probably still uninteresting. Law-school semi-fun stuff I've done has mostly had to do with mentor group activities. Last Friday we had Race Judicata, or Society Olympics. The best competition was probably the Tug of War. I competed in the bat spin relay, and we came in second in that, but ultimately the McKormick Society came out victorious. At least we got to run around in 100-degree heat. Oh God, it's so miserable right now. It was 104 today and it's supposed to be hotter tomorrow - how is this even possible? This weekend we're supposed to have a "cool front" where it might dip down to the 80s.

The first Bar Review of the year was this Thursday, which was a lot of fun. For those of you who don't know, Bar Review is not quite reviewing for the Bar Exam - the Student Bar Association scouts out bars and convinces them to give us drink specials on Thursday nights. We went to Blind Pig on 6th and then to Red Fez for a little while. Let me tell ya - there are a lot of sketch people around. But as long as you have a few token males to ward off the super-creeps, it's not too bad. At the chill places like Blind Pig, it's cool, but at Red Fez, which is more of a dance club, watch out. I also had my first high school sighting at a bar on Saturday night, which was pretty funny.

In other recent news, yes, my family evacuated Houston in the imminent doom of Hurricane Rita. We live in the northwest part of the city, but they didn't want to risk it. My parents left Thursday morning at 4 am, and didn't get into Austin until 3:30 pm. Let me remind you that the drive to Austin is usually 2 and a half hours - not 11 and a half. They made it in okay, though and thankfully the hurricane went down in intensity and pretty much side-tracked Houston. Part of our fence got blown down, but that's it. My parents stayed with friends here in Austin, which meant I got all the privledges of having my paernts in town without the inconveniences of having them stay with me. Lots of good meals out, a fridge stocked with food, and car usage for several days? Me gusta. They finally got back today.

Finally, last night's episode of Arrested Development was probably the craziest and most non-sensical episode ever. However, I was pretty excited about the family-wide chicken dancing. It never gets old! I love it. I can't wait until next week for some Scott Baio and Charlize Theron action on Arrested Development. They have the best guest stars ever on the show. I thought they couldn't top Carl Weathers. But Chachi? Brilliant.

Only 2 and a half weeks until I head to Notre Dame for the ND-USC game!

1 comment:

ndNips said...

I expect to hear bar review descriptions through a fermented haze! Glad to hear the fam, et al are safe!