Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I may be getting a little ahead of myself

I had an interview today with the Travis County Attorney's Office. It actually went really well and it seems like it would be interesting work. The guy practically offered me the job on the spot. The only problem? It's part-time work starting... oh, about now-ish. It seems like a pretty sweet deal - vacation and sick days, health care (yes, even for part-time), plus getting paid on a regular basis. I just don't think I could handle it all. He said they usually ask for 20 hours a week (or as close as possible - this is a government job and I know what they're about). That would mean working Mondays before class, and Tuesday-Friday after class. And then coming home and studying. While it all seems like a pretty sweet deal, I rather enjoy being a student and finishing my day at 1:30, even if it does mean I'm studying later that evening until the wee hours of the morning. At least then I get a choice of when to do my work, and I can watch Dr. Phil if I damn well please (that is, I will be able to as soon as the cable guy gets here... if that ever happens). I think all in all, I'll have to say no to what would otherwise be a great job opportunity.

In other news... you can totally spot who the 1Ls are. They travel in packs. And they still have that glint in their eyes... what is that, hope? Optimism? I never thought I'd say this, but to be a 1L again...

No comments: