Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Fun with Pills

So my Houston doctor won't refill my allergy prescription, so I guess that means I need to find a new doctor. And I get to deal with my allergies with medicine that they should really sell on the black market since it appears to have no positive medicinal effects whatsoever and merely fucks. you. up.

So I guess after my hiatus from law school, I can honestly say I don't think I missed much. It's the beginning of the semester, so the profs are all taking it slow. I think the only class I'm really hurting in is tax, but only because I realized after you learn your whole new fun law school vocabulary, you also get to learn a fun new tax vocabulary. Yay!

As many of you can tell by seeing your suited classmates in the hallways, it's interview season at UT. I have had one so far, and I guess it went okay. The guy was an OSU fan, so he didn't really appreciate the fact that I went to Notre Dame (although the fact that I went to UT Law didn't bother him that much considering this Saturday's game). Not only do I hate having to prepare for interviews while also preparing for class (and sometimes missing class for said interviews), I really really hate wearing a suit to class. I feel like such a tool. And really that's only going to happen a couple of times, so the other days when I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt and everyone else around me is wearing suits, I die a little inside. But only a little. I'm not supposed to let on that I'm actually "competitive" or "care".

Texas: Take a hint from Stanford. Give us vacation during interviews! Trust me, you'll be happy you did.

Finally, since I don't have any pictures from this actual vacation I took, and I've been in a picture-posting mood, here is a pic from this summer of me and Mal at some really crappy Mexican place in San Antonio (I know, you thought they didn't exist!)

Let me assure you, do not eat at Canyon Cafe or whatever the hell it's called in the Quarry. Their tortilla chips are barbecue-flavored. I guess the entree was okay, but with terrible chips and salsa, why bother?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As to black market... an awfull thing...

Mal said...

You brought that dress all the way to NC for nothing, NOTHING! Now my family will never know what large boobs you have.