Sunday, September 24, 2006

AAAAH

So, I am incredibly tired and should be going to bed right now, but I figured I should write this down before the motivation escapes me.

I don't know if any of you know this, but my mother is a bit of a prankster. Sure, if you know her, you probably know her as that nice lady that looks just like Lizett and shoves delicious Mexican food down your throat until you explode. But there is a much more sinister side to her. Now that we have an unlimited phone plan to Mexico, she frequently prank calls my grandmother, pretending to be all sorts of various characters (someone from the bank, a Japanese client of my cousin's, etc.).

So, I came home to Houston today to see the fam as I haven't visited them since law school started. Everything's cool, I have lunch, yadda yadda yadda. So after we eat, I pick up my backpack and go upstairs to drop my stuff off in my bedroom. The door to my bedroom is open, and just inside, I see a large cockroach by my desk. I immediately freeze and call to my brother downstairs "uhhh, there's a roach in my bedroom." He asks, "Is it moving?"

As it turns out, my mother had the genius idea of purchasing (yes, spending actual, real money!) plastic cockroaches and had strategically placed them in my room for maximum freak-outage. She was kind of dissapointed in my brother for tipping me off, but I am eternally grateful. Besides the one by my desk, there was another right next to my bed. So I pick up the plastic cockroaches, put them on my desk and forget about them. Until about five minutes ago, when I pulled back my bedspread and nearly yelled out loud because, you guessed it, there were two cockroaches strategically placed underneath.

Current location of roaches: one outside their bedroom door, one on the kitchen counter. They wake up before me, so I'm hoping for some element of surprise.

5 comments:

phil said...

how does that top your leasing man's gator in your bed.


i mean, seriously.

Lizett! said...

Hey, that is Alister, the bathtime fun buddy.


But it was still pretty good.

Mal said...

I was wondering about that. I'm reassured to know Alister is the only alligator for you.

Lizett! said...

I recently found Alister hidden in the depths of my multi-compartment backpack. Turns out he's been in there all along. He went to North Carolina and didn't see his friends at the beach or the aquarium!

Mal said...

Alister is kind of a loner when it comes to his own kind. He likes people. Nude people, in bathtubs.