Sunday, August 13, 2006

Temporarily in H-town

Thursday was my last day at the immigration court. It was a pleasant last day. I had a snooze button snafu on my cell phone and ended up coming in a half hour late. I doubt anyone noticed. I spent the part of my morning that was productive writing the testimony facts of an asylum case, then spent the rest of the morning on Slate or the People magazine website. Then it was a tasty lunch at Acenar, my favorite restaurant in San Antonio, and then we went on a field trip to St. Mary's law library to attempt to find a document I am pretty sure doesn't exist anywhere anymore. Since there was nothing left to do, I said my awkward goodbyes after that and rolled out around 3:30.

I am back in Houston, for now. On the agenda is a trip to the optometrist and getting my car serviced before I head to Austin on Wednesday to move into my new apartment. It should be lovely and sweaty, as it is Austin in August.

Now that I have a stable internet connection, I should post more frequently... should. And they will hopefully be more entertaining than this completely factual piece of shite.

No comments: