Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Everybody Wong Sun Tonight!

Today marked my first day as a second year law student. It was a pretty full day, and I immediately noticed a difference between last year and this year. Mostly in that this year, I don't really care. Well, I still care about doing well and learning, and all that crap -- I just don't care about all the stuff that comes with first year of law school. I don't care about being awkwardly polite with people I won't speak to within a month. I don't care whether the professor likes me or not, or whether he thinks I'm paying attention in class. I don't even care if I own the casebook to all my classes (which I don't, and I won't get PR because I hear that is The Thing To Do). I do still care about finding me some free food around the law school.

All in all, it turned out to be a pretty packed day. First up was Introduction to Intellectual Property, which I think will be useful but really dry. Second was my Constitutional Law of the European Union class, which I subsequently dropped while I was in my third class, Federal Income Tax. Eight people in one class? No room for slacking there. I picked up Criminal Procedure instead, so at least I get to hear Professor Dix say "chicken shit" about fifty times per day. Going back, FIT actually seems like it might be... not terrible. Okay, so I did the reading (I know, too much work for my 2L slacker ass) and the reading was pretty bad, but the professor seems to recognize that we hate numbers as much as he does and looks like he'll make the class tolerable. Finally, I had Professional Responsibility with The Big Dz, which is about as close to a blow-off class as you get in law school. Somehow I got myself BACK in a schedule that goes all day with no lunch breaks! WTF? I clearly hate myself.

I guess I shouldn't complain too much. Friday I leave for North Carolina to spend a good chunk of time with Mal and his family at a beach house they're renting in Wilmington. From there it's on to the Bender for the home opener against Penn State. Greatest week of my life? Quite possibly. The week after being the worst (in that I have interviews and have to catch up on missing a week of class)? Definitely.

Did anyone else watch Project Runway tonight? Who would've thought after that big blowup between Jeffrey and Angela that Jeffrey would win and Angela get booted off. I kind of feel bad for her because Jeffrey was such a jerk to her mom. Then again, Angela is crazy and Jeffrey did look like a rock star.

Okay, so this my return to the blogging world, now that I have something to procrastinate for. Anyone else going to PSU?

2 comments:

Hawk McGee said...

For the record, I think Alison should still be on, I can't believe Angela made it this far, and I think Jeffrey will make the final 3, but lose big to Michael.

Anonymous said...

Why the hell is Vincent still in the show?? I know he cashed in his 401k but this is getting ridiculous.