Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The most Constitutional city in America

Here's my attempt at a quick update. I am in San Antonio now, in my very dude-like sublet. Also, this guy doesn't have cable TV or internet, so I'm attempting to steal internet from his neighbors. However, none of the unsecured connections are very strong, so hopefully I will soon begin blogging and checking my personal e-mail at work.

Work started Monday. After watching a 45 minute video about sexual harrassment made specifically for the DOJ and a "computer security" video made around 1980 using CalecoVisions, I was put to work right away. So far I've written three decisions for two different judges, worked on a research question for a third and sat through a cancellation of removal case and an asylum case. So, it's been kind of busy, but very interesting work. I get to feel very important because you need secret passcodes to get everywhere in the building. Also, I was sworn in as an officer of the Department of Justice yesterday. By a judge. I have to defend the Constitution and America, and all that good stuff. Haha, they sure made a mistake.

Mal also came to visit, so I guess you can read about most of the weekend on his blog. He forgot to mention, however, one of the greatest moments of the weekend was while we were waiting for the special extra scene at the end of Pirates of the Carribean, the movie theatre "security guard" flashed us with his flashlight. What did he think we were doing? Don't answer that. This visit we went to the Quarry enough times to last me a year, and downtown to the Riverwalk at night, which is one of my favorite things to do. It's lit up very prettily. We also went to the SA Alamo Draft House for some beers and Nacho Libre. God help me, I enjoyed it. Jack Black, your crazy singing voice never gets old to me. Next time: Sea World!

No comments: