Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Spring Mental Breakdown

Mother of God, do I need this Spring Break. This semester both sucks and blows. The consensus among Section 4 is that everybody cares much less and is immensely less motivated to study or even keep up with the reading. Perhaps some sort of mid-first-year slump? Class attendance is way down for everyone, and there's a general low grumble of dissatisfaction among everyone, not just our section.

So, needless to say, I'm pumped about Spring Break. To start off, I'm leaving Austin a few days early to head to Houston and fly to Cancun for my cousin's wedding. She's getting married on Friday, and I can't wait to go see my family and hang out on the beach for a few days! The one that's getting married is the one in blue - aren't we a pretty family? Yeah, I know.

So I'm getting back to Houston that Sunday, and plan to spend the week actually reading all that stuff I should've done all last month, and also watch every movie that I haven't seen yet (like Walk the Line). Somehow in there, I have an interview in San Antonio, and an ND Young Alumni St. Paddy's Day party in downtown Houston, and my friend Joe's wedding at the end of break.

Hopefully I can keep that nice mix of laziness and actually getting some stuff done. But, for now, back to con law.

----------------------------
Favorite moment from the A&F show is still:

Professor Dzienkowski saying the line, "Wait - I can turn back time and change my cheating and swindling ways! Weeeeeeeeeee!"

or, from the skits video:

Professor Wellborn: "When I was asked if I would want to be dean, I thought, well, if you take one of those giant cucumbers, the ones with the radiation, and you told me, given a choice between being dean of the law school and shoving that entire cucumber up my rectum, I'd say: Grease up the cucumber."

BURN!

And now, I actually leave you with a photo from Saturday night's party, themed "Brokeback Mounting" (yeah, I don't know either. And no, that's not my gun.)

No comments: