Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Everyone come see how good I look

Well, my friends, I'm going to leave you for several days. I'm going to South Bend this weekend, where I am to look for ND sandals for Jaimie, go see Miguel's play, and basically get into drunken foolish debauchery. I'll let you know if I survive.

I've spent the last 3 hours filling out forms for my internship this summer. Tentative on my passing the background check, I'll be working for the Department of Justice, Executive Office of Immigration Review, which means I get to do grunt work for 5 judges instead of just one. And apparently it means I need to fill out about 10,000 pages of employment history and people that know me. I don't know if I have that many friends, United States Government. Leave me alone.

Finally, I leave you with a request to pray for Vnak and Katie. Most of you who read this know them, but for those of you who don't, Katie is expecting twins, and one of them is struggling to keep up a bit, it seems. So, check out Vnak's blog for the full story, and let's get some tootin's!

Last inflammatory question: What's worse: Khaki on khaki or denim on denim? YOU DECIDE.

5 comments:

ndNips said...

Sweatpant and sweatshirt.


Great... now I have to clean the vomit off of my keyboard.

E. Luther said...

ha ha. sweat-material on sweat-matieral. nice. at a party, definitely less acceptable than both. in one's own living room, possibly more acceptable than both.

Lizett, when you tagged me I really thought one of the categories was "favorite books." but really, after rereading, i saw that it was "favorite foods." did you know that from far away "foods" and "books" can look almost exactly the same? well, they can.

Goat said...

Denim on denim.

"Where'd you get that Canadian tuxedo?"

E-liz, I had the same problem. I had already filled out like 3 books before I looked back up and saw it said foods.

E. Luther said...

Ah, thanks for the solidarity Goat -- appreciated.

So, yesterday I saw a *LOT* of denim-on-denim roaming the streets of Chicago, and, in fact, I was in no way offended. just sayin'.

Anonymous said...

Trick question. The notion that anyone cares whether denim on denim is more offensive than khaki on khaki is ultimately more offensive ;)