Monday, November 07, 2005

So, come here often?

That's right my friends, I actually heard that comment come from a male's mouth this Saturday night in a pick-up attempt. The only thing more ridiculous, as we all know, is "What's your sign?" I know men do some crazy things to attempt to get in a girl's pants, but this is ridiculous.

I'm a little dissapointed at the lack of comments on my previous post. I couldn't have handed you better material than "A ten day salute to sausage". It was actually a really great time. I went to Wurstfest with Sheila and her mother. This is way bigger than I originally imagined. Tons of booths full of all different kinds of sausage, including something called the ultimate sausage on a stick - five different kinds of sausage and a bun on a kabob stick. I decided to stick to the cheddarwurst and some PaulAner, which hit me pretty hard (maybe it's because it was 11 am?). Tim showed up around 1 or 1:30, after the ferris wheel riding but just in time to see the polka band, yodelers and clogging. We made it back to Austin around 5:30, just in time for me to get showered up and head off to see Movin' Out. Turns out they screwed up my tickets, so they ended up just giving me tickets in the seventh row back and right smack in the middle. You could see the sweat dripping off the dancers (which can be great, or just kind of creepy).

So anyway after the show Della and I went down to Fado on 4th street. Fado is a really sweet Irish pub with a rooftop patio that I guess is supposed to look like an Irish alley? We were up there listening to this Irish-punk type band - reminded me a lot of Flogging Molly, but they played a lot of Johnny Cash. It is here where I heard the aforementioned pick-up line. That's when Della and I knew we had to get out of there.

The rest of the weekend was pretty uneventful, but Saturday's adventures were enough for me.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

To tie your themes together, here's my pickup line: "Would you like to try some Italian sausage?"

ndNips said...

Sweaty actors flogging Molly with sausage in her pants for Cash, huh? Screw tickets for Punk Polkaing with PaulAner’s cheddarwurst for 10 days? Clogging, indeed. Yowsa.

Mal said...

Mr. Nipples, I could not be more confused and aroused.

Goat said...

Ah, sausage jokes. Ginger still gets a kick out of when i say i'm half Polish. She swears it must be my lower half.

Now if I just turn that into a pickup line...

Lizett! said...

Wow, proclaiming your own girth on my blog. Way to go, Goat.

Mal said...

What is all this talk of wang size in the blog comments? Is nothing sacred to you savages?

Also, my crotchal measurements, photos, and interviews can be found at www.my-enormous-wang.com. Enjoy

Goat said...

Hmm, yeah. Looking back, that comment sounds a little cocky.

Mal said...

HOOOOOOOOOO!