Thursday, June 02, 2005

Summertime and it feels all right

Well, chilluns, I feel obligated to apologize that I haven't updated my blog in so long. I know many of you, especially now in the summer months that you most of you are working jobs that require little or no work, depend on meaningless things to pass the time such as blogs. And to you, I say... I'm sorry I let you down.

So, just as a sign of how much I let ya down, here's a list of things that have happened since I last updated:
1) Kentucky Derby
2) Senior week
3) Graduation
4) Trip to Disney

All those were well and good. Kentucky Derby was a ridiculous mess of people staying at Stevo's house and getting ridiculously drunk the day of the Derby. I think I may have seen one horse for less than a minute in the entire 6 hours I was there. I did, however, see EVERYONE I KNOW from Notre Dame. It's true. Senior week was exactly like you wish college could be all the time, scheduled drinking and seeing all your friends minus the classes. Graduation was a super busy and anticlimactic weekend. I literally hugged some friends after the ceremony and said, "Well... see ya... never." Trust me, it's way weirder being the graduate than the younger friend of the graduate. After that, it was off to Florida for my first trip ever to Disney World!* Again, lots of fun but so anti-climactic at the end. College has no closure, I've decided.

The day after I got back from Florida was my dad's birthday. I had nothing better to do, so I, with my own BARE HANDS made a cake and even made the frosting from scratch! I am awesome. And no, it didn't kill anyone.

For now, I am trying to stretch out about a week's worth of work into the whole summer. Because let's face it folks, having the summer off is a great deal and all, but after a while... you kinda get bored. Especially since most of your friends don't live in the city. My latest project is Clean Sweeping my room, TLC style. Except they get a whole team of experts to go through their junk for them, and pay for the redecorating of their room. I have my mom and an unwilling brother. Sweet.

Side note: I am highly recommending the movie Crash, out in theatres right now.

And finally my friends, I leave you with this - The identity of Deep Throat (now that can start its own slew of jokes) recently has been revealed. To anyone other than CNN - is this really a shock? And what has changed now that we know his identity?

G. Gordon Liddy thinks his actions were wrong and "morally incorrect". Thanks, G. Gordon Liddy. Did you think of that when you were in prison, or just now that he revealed himself?

*OK so technically I went to Epcot with the band for the Gator Bowl. But Epcot is NOT Disney World!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lizett, did you hear about Arrested Dev? It got renewed!!
-Dooz