Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Joyful News!

Oh yes, it's joyful news indeed. The first and most important (in my opinion) piece of joyful news is that my favorite TV show currently on the air, Arrested Development, has been renewed for a third full season. In my opinion, Arrested Development is the best show on TV and highly underappreciated. So it makes me do my happy dance to hear that it's being continued. Thanks to Dooz for filling me in on info that I already knew, but had yet to share with you all.

Secondly, and important in the sense that I won't be homeless, is that I found an apartment to live in next year! After a rigorous two-day search around pretty much the entire Austin metropolitan area, I found a super sweet apartment complex in the Far West area that I lurrrrved. It's really spacious and completely remodeled and right by a ton of stuff to do. Wahoo! So, if you ever want to come visit Austin, you'll have a place to stay! And it isn't a cardboard box! There may not be any "furniture" per se, but there will be plenty o' floorspace ;-) So, stage one of me moving to Austin has been finalized, and I get to move in on July 14.

One thing I noticed in my trip to Austin is that every waiter I had, including the IHOP waiters were super friendly and nice. And I mean, it must be a huge struggle for IHOP waiters to be nice because let's face it, they're not expecting any huge tippers. Perhaps everyone is Houston is just crabby. I guess you would be too if it were 100 degrees outside with 100% humidity. Or maybe we're just bad tippers.

1 comment:

E. Luther said...

Hello Lizett, I for one am glad to have you back. Yahoo. Shouts from the Apple store in Ginza where my craptastic iPod will soon be healed. Given your arrested development excitement, I earnestly suggest you look into finding a copy of Kath and Kim somewhere nearby. You will like. You will enjoy. You will laugh. I promise.