Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Notre Dame, I miss thee

Sunday night I went over to Philip's house to say good-bye. It's pretty weird to think that he's going back along with Katie J and Erin, while I'm still here, waiting for another two weeks for school to start. I am pretty excited that I'll be starting law school, but not heading up to Notre Dame feels very odd to me. Saturday night I got together with Sarah, Sonal and Anglee, and we all agreed that graduating sucks. But, that meeting did help me see that there is life beyond ND and being at home isn't all bad.

I ordered my books online on Sunday. Correction - $600 for four classes - technically three classes and a once a week seminar. Thanks, law school, for putting me into bankruptcy. Once my student loans come through (not for another week or so), I can finally pay off my parents and the tuition and stuff I owe, plus hopefully I can start paying rent and utilities without dipping into my savings account.

In other news , I am very seriously considering going to Notre Dame for the USC game, October 15th. It should be at a time where things aren't too hectic, and the next weekend is my birthday so my parents will probably want me to hang out with them, or some crap like that, so that really looks like the best option. Now I just need tickets and a place to stay! So, to all you out there that read this - start looking. (And, if you don't live in South Bend anymore, but are an alumni that is considering going back for a football game - go back for USC so I can see you!)

As the soundtrack to Avenue Q so eloquently states - "I wish I could go back to college"

8 comments:

E. Luther said...

Do you know what happens when alumni go back to college? Khaki on khaki. I'm just saying.

Anonymous said...

Eliz is confused because she is an alumnus who hasn't been back in awhile. What really happens is goldschlager on boones. It's not pretty either.

Lizett! said...

What the hell? Spam on my blog??? Anyway, khaki on khaki is what happens when you're on too much killian's and forget to bring a coat to a party in october.

E. Luther said...

I think you can delete that spam, can't you? Lizett, don't downplay the khaki on khaki -- I don't know what Scolson means by "it's not pretty either" in reference to goldschlager on boones. Because khaki on khaki is indeed quite the opposite of a nonpretty thing. Hm.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.