Tuesday, August 09, 2005

It's official

Whether I like it or not, I am officially starting law school August 31. Well, technically there's orientation for two days before, but who's counting. Besides me. Who is anxiously counting until that day. I'm signed up for three classes (Civil Procedure, Criminal Law I, and Contracts) and one Legal Research and Legal Writing seminar. Overall, it's not a bad schedule, except my Civil Procedure class is Mondays and Tuesdays from 8:30 to 10:20, so those will probably be brutal.

This weekend, I went to Austin to move furniture and things into my apartment. In the process, I came out with about fifty mosquito bites from moving the washer and dryer (apparantly Austin is now a swamp?) and a number of scrapes and bruises from assembling my desk. Between the almost getting hit by lightening in Houston and the multiple injuries in Austin, I think God is trying to tell me to get out of Texas.

Speaking of getting out of Texas, now that I know I don't have any afternoon classes on Friday, I'm considering going to a football game this season. Anyone know which games they'll be heading to South Bend for? Let me know!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Lixett,

If you want my outlines for Crim and for Contracts, you are welcome to them. You can have my Civ Pro one too, but I dislike it. I rocked Crim and Contracts though.

Anonymous said...

MSU game is where it is at...except I don't have tickets yet so somebody find some for me.

Also, just because God is telling you to leave Texas, suddenly you start listening?!? Eliz and I have been telling you for YEARS that Texas is problematic.