Saturday, March 05, 2005

Spring Break WOO

After probably the two longest and busiest weeks of my LIFE, it's finally spring break (woo!). Tomorrow I head off to Tejas with some bandies. Really, it's the best of both worlds. I go to sunnier climates, get to stay at home and eat for free, and my friends come with me to entertain me. Booya. We're going to go to Galveston for a day, visit San Antonio, go to NASA, and, most importantly, go to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo!! My first time to go was in high school, and I had a fantastic time, and I haven't been back since senior year of high school when I saw that man-hunk Enrique Iglesias... what an apropos singer for the Rodeo, right? So I'm pumped for that.

Also, today, I saw George W. Bush speak in the JACC! I entered the student ticket lottery, and apparantly out of 1,500 students who entered, I got one of 100 winning tickets! Jenna and I went this afternoon, and after a unnecessarily long security line, we headed up to the bleachers. It was awesome. Georgie is quite the charmer, and it's pretty funny just to hear him go off on tangents because he doesn't have to worry about reelection anymore, so he just says whatever the hell he wants. Outside the JACC, across the street, was a pretty big group of protestors, which included Katie and Emily. I waved at Katie as we came out... I don't think she was too pleased by it. One old guy coming out yelled "Get a job!!" at them, and I cracked up. Because, old angry people are funny.

3 comments:

phil said...

What happened to the Vegas?

E. Luther said...

Liztastic, as much fun as it sounds like your spring break was this year, I can't help but think that it would've been scads better in the company of Jonah and me and Vin . . . but maybe that's selfish. Regardless -- TEJAS?! Deplorable.

Lizett! said...

Elizabeth,
While a spring break without you, Jonah, and Vin is indeed a sorry excuse for a spring break, I did make up for it by running into drunk Jonah and Vin at Rum Runners last night and having them play pool with Jenna (who they didn't know at all). I'm also having fun planning a "trip" to Japan. Not that I don't want to go, but the yen sitation is depressing at best.