Monday, November 05, 2007

Picking up some slack

I've gotten some comments from people about how much my blog sucks, and some revelations that more people read my blog than I once suspected. Never underestimate a bored law student, because they will find anything to read.

Things have been chugging along well recently. It's November - holy crap! Wedding planning is going fairly smoothly, but as always, there is still lots to do. No, Swarley will not be in the wedding. I don't know why everyone wants the dog to be a ring bearer or something, but I guarantee you that if Swarles is in any vicinity of people, he will just run around in circles, then roll on the ground, then probably poop on the priest.

We managed to find a Franciscan monk who will perform a Catholic ceremony outside. It sounds a little shady, but this dude is the real deal. He's even offered to wear his brown friar robe, complete with rope belt and hood. I told my mom, and she made a yuck face. Maybe we'll let him wear the more traditional clothes.

Stephen and I went to Houston last weekend to see my family, and we had a pretty good time. My cousin Mario and his wife Mayra are set to pop out a baby in about two weeks, so she has ridiculously fat belly for her tiny, tiny frame. Stephen and I went to the Museum of Natural Science and saw the remains of Lucy, a 3.2 million year old fossilized hominid of the species Australopithecus afarensis. Wow, we're nerds. We also saw a show about black holes in the planetarium! It really took me back to the days of elementary school, except now they charge like $20 an exhibit. Boo, museum, boo. Thank goodness for college discounts.

We lost to Navy. I'm so ashamed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A legit Catholic clergyman who will perform a wedding outside? I'm very impressed. My sister got married this summer and had a hard enough time finding a priest who would marry someone who was baptized in the Maronite rite and confirmed in the Roman rite. She eventually had to find someone with faculties in both rites and import him to do the ceremony.