Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Good news

"Good news" is the way all the falto e-mails used to begin when someone was announcing that they were engaged. I think. Anyway, good news! I'm engaged! For those of you who haven't seen it already on Facebook! Sorry, we're engaged. We. Whatever, it's all about the bling, as Stephen's mother calls it.

I apologize for the method of communication, but you see, Stephen/AniMal (as many of you may know him) insisted on making the engagement official as soon as possible, and we all know nothing is official until it's on Facebook. I promise I'll call all of you, devoted readers... eventually. Hey, maybe on your birthday!

I just got back from nearly a week in Columbus last night. The engagement itself occurred on campus at Notre Dame, through deception and trickery, but I think that's a good solid foundation for a marriage. After that, it was cold out and I was starving, so we went to Hooters. Yes, Hooters. Buffalo shrimp is probably the greatest thing ever, so lay off, okay? Besides, we went out that evening to Club LaSalle which was cool and classy and served big martini-style drinks and had an old Kenny Loggins-esque man on open mic night, or so it seems. Needless to say, the ring is pretty and shiny, and details of anything we decide on (such as a date) will be forthcoming. We're already looking for a tranny to object to our union, so if you'd like to volunteer, let us know ASAP because I'm sure that position will be highly coveted. For a recap of the events leading up to it, please see the corresponding story on Mal's blog, which I am too lazy to recount myself. I will say this, his crying was less like a little bitch and more like a schoolgirl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats! You guys are twisted just perfectly for each other :)

(Though come on, I had to read this in a blog? No phone call? Oh wait. No one uses the phone anymore. So old school.)