Monday, January 16, 2006

MILK day

Does anyone remember that time we went over to Eliz and Scolson's house like, right after they moved in, and they were showing off that bar and kegerator and somehow the subject of a milk keg came up, and then, the joke of Martin Luther King in a keg was born? Yeah, probably not. But it was funny! And I remembered it today, on MLK Day. So, milk kegs 4 lyfe.

Last night I went to the Texas national championship celebration. Seeing as I didn't go to any games this year, it was pretty interesting. I learned all sorts of new cheers, much dirtier cheers than I ever did at Notre Dame. So Dana and I went, and we showed up about an hour before the actual program began. Pretty much right when we got there, they started showing clips of the last national championship they won... against Notre Dame in the Cotton Bowl. Gross. Oh, grad students - no loyalty to the schools they currently attend! Either way, it was pretty cool to see the band (even though I objected to the proclamation that the Longhorn Band is "the best band in the country") and they lit up the tower, which is pretty cool looking. You gotta admit, the tower being lit up trumps the #1 on top of Grace. Although, if ND wins another national championship (correction: WHEN ND wins another national championship), I'm sure they'll do something over-the-top and awesome.

Tomorrow we start classes again... boo. But for those of you who were wondering what happened to me over the Christmas break, I will assure you that I will be posting more, as I now have something to procrastinate for.

1 comment:

Goat said...

When ND wins their next national championship, they can cover a building with gold!

Oh wait, they've already done that.

They can cover the inside of a building with gold!

Oh wait, they've already done that, too.

Maybe they can just tear down Keenan Hall. And Stepan Center.