Monday, April 10, 2006

I am a waste of space

I fell into a slump recently. A no updating slump. I know you all have been checking my blog, wondering, what happened at Notre Dame? What is going on in your life? Did you catch the AIDS from Nips? ARE YOU EVEN STILL ALIVE? While you would think that the answer is yes, I am dead, and that is the only excuse for not blogging, I am, in fact, alive.

It's Monday - let me tell you about my weekend. No, not this last weekend. The weekend before that.

So I leave for ND on Thursday and I have a stopover in Cincinnati, where there are a few young 'uns sitting around waiting to go to Prospective Students Weekend at ND. "Are you going to ND for Prospective Students Weekend?", they ask me. No, I graduated last year. But thanks.

So, I guess the weekend can be summed up in terms of failed missions. And a few successes. Let's tally it up.

  • V for Vendetta: Success. Awesome. And inspired Mal to try and convince me to shave my head, which, for all interested, will not be happening. I don't think I can pull it off nearly as good as Natalie Portman does.
  • Outdoor activity: Success and failure. Mini-golf = success. Frisbee = extreme pain and finger jammage and nail breakage.
  • Baking: The one thing (other than V) that we actually had planned for the weekend. Failure. Total and utter failure. We bought the cake mix and icing... and proceeded to sit on our ass all weekend.
  • Outings with the undergrads: Success and failure. Barnaby's = success with tasty beer and pizza. Legends = success with a side of awkwardness. Club Fever = total failure and a walk back to Oak Hill while only slightly drunk.
  • Mothball's trip to Slovenia: Total failure. Resulted in much bitterness and insanity. However, out of the insanity, new catchphrases: Complete success. We now have "Jesus, Billy!" and "Mason-Dixon line!" Haha, only Mal and Ball get that reference.
  • Hacienda: Success, and Aaron was working that night. And kissed my hand. Ummm.... I don't know how to respond. Just drink a giant margarita.
  • Salome: Complete success. Good job, guys.
Well, that's about all for the wrap-up. All in all, it was a successful weekend, despite the fact that most the things we planned ended up being complete failures.

This weekend can be summed up like this: weird Japanese movie and a new dartboard and a newfound love of peppermint patties. You can make any drink out of the leftovers you have in your cupboards. Oose!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps most tragic of all is the nonzero amount of time spent in Cincinnati.