Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Quit doing the right thing


I kind of forgot that today was Wednesday. I still have yet to get into my law school routine. Maybe a month or so more in...

So, Stephen came in this weekend. It was a lovely long weekend, with a trip to Hula Hut, Scholz's Beer Garten for beer on the law school, and below-average steak at Houston's. AND, we totally did something this weekend! Stephen had two interviews, which seemed like they went really well, followed by a trip to Barton Creek mall. That's right, suited up for the mall! We also managed to get off the couch for long enough to go to Main Event for some bowling and glow in the dark putt-putt. I don't care how old you are, it's still awesome. I haven't been bowling in a couple of years, and let me tell you - I think this hiatus is exactly what I needed. I rolled the best game of bowling of my life - a cool 111, with a couple of strikes and a few spares. So I resolve to only bowl once every two years to keep up the streak.

We also rented Crank. You know, that movie with Jason Statham where he has to keep his adrenaline up or he'll die? Let me tell you brother, it was just as awesome, if not more so than in the commercials. If you can believe it. I'm sure you don't. But you should.

In another wacky plan, I bought a plane ticket for next weekend to South Bend out of San Antonio since it was ridiculously cheaper than flying out of Austin. It's so bold, it's like a zesty chimichanga filled with spicy Doritos and covered in taco sauce. What?

2 comments:

phil said...

holy new template, batman!

and you should know better than to eat at Houston's.

Goat said...

Something tells me you're lying about Crank. I'm not sure what it is, but there's definitely something...