Monday, February 06, 2006

My name is Gertrude


This weekend was the epitome of old lady-ness. I was in bed before midnight every night this weekend - better than I usually do during the week! What the hell?

Friday I at least had some social interaction by going to Happy Hour at Trudy's with Kat, Sheila, and Della. Tim stopped by for a bit, too, so that was fairly cool. It was a good time, and Trudy's margaritas are pretty glorious. Seeing as I drove, I stayed away from the Mexican Martini, but the Mexican Martini is probably the best drink ever invented. They only allow you to order two and then you're done drinking for the night - they're that strong. Granted, you get the entire shaker, but that justifies the price. After that, I went to Sheila's house to play with her puppy! Double awesomeness.

Dinorah and I realized that we have watched six rented movies and one on TV in the last two weekends. Flightplan, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, The Upside of Anger, Alfie, I Heart Huckabees, and In Her Shoes. Plus, Say Anything was on TV. Glooorious. At this rate, we would put Netflix out of business. Hopefully this never happens again, though, because it is sort of sad, and I'm a little embarassed to admit it.

In other news, I made it on the staff of the Texas Review of Entertainment and Sports Law - huzzah! What does that mean? I'm not sure yet, but it seems like they'll be shoving some shit work my way, editing and de-italicizing periods, that sort of thing.

Apologies to those of you waiting on my Diet Coke cake... I spent most of this weekend (the part where I wasn't watching movies) researching about river otters and home owner's associations for an oral report I have to give a couple of hours. Hopefully I can do it this week, and the world will finally know what happens when you use Diet Coke instead of regular.

3 comments:

E. Luther said...

make that cake! take some pictures! publish them in the texas sports and entertainment law review! you're creative, you can tie the whole thing into law by using the key phrases aspartame discrimination?!?! and diet coke cake: gatorade for cake-lovers.

E. Luther said...

maybe "diet coke cake: gatorade for cake-lovers" doesn't have anything to do with law. but it DOES relate to sports . . .

phil said...

Gertrude,

philfiles is back in action! I swears. Stop blacklisting me fool.