Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Surprise!

My computer decided to give me a Valentine's Day surprise by getting a virus (I think - anyway, the end result is that my computer doesn't work). Even robots are out to get me this day. When I turn on my computer, the Compaq start-up screen comes up along with the message "Hard drive detecs imminent failure". Now, "Imminent failure" is not a phrase you really want to see, ever. Let alone on your computer screen. I mean, it'd be pretty bad if it was on, say, a transcript, but I get the feeling this means my computer is on the verge of death. Which is true, because if it isn't fixed soon, I may have to take it out back and smash it, Office Space-style.

So for now, I am updating you via the Debartolo computer cluster, with all the other engineers who are doing projects at 11:40 on a Tuesday night, instead of getting $3 pitchers at Corby's (like I should be).

1 comment:

E. Luther said...

Lizett, Once I tore apart a photocopier office-space style, and it was the best day of by life. My advice: DO IT, you won't miss the computer. Heart, Eliz