Monday, November 27, 2006

Finally updating -- OR -- I'm sorry I judged you, Daniel Craig

Hi! It's been a while, hasn't it? Yeah, I know. Things have been pretty crazy around here lately. Well, by crazy, I mean, there's been a lot of TV to watch.

So what's been happening?

First, I went to South Bend two weeks ago on a whim. It was a lovely weekend, including a visit from Mal's brother Dan. We went to the last tailgate of the year, I accidentally fell asleep for about two hours in the middle of the Ohio State - Michigan game, and we went to go see the new James Bond movie. Which was fantabulous. I'm sorry I judged you, Daniel Craig. You are clearly the sweetest Bond ever. I look forward to many more installments of your badassery.

So, after that, it was about a half week of realizing that I actually need to sstart studying for finals, so there was some of that. I drove back to Houston on Wednesday, did a low-key Thanksgiving with the fam on Thursday. Friday I actually braved the mobs and went to the mall with my mom, AND I managed not to get shot! And then... well, you all know what happened on Saturday. If I hear another commentator say "John David Booty", I'll strangle them. Why does everyone use his middle name? No one else uses their middle name, why are you so special?

Say hello to Mal's new wheels, Swarley. I am a huge fan of the car, but I think I like the name even more. I'll get to meet her after Christmas, as I'll be spending New Year's in Columbus. Should be crazy times with two babies, one of them brand new.

Things are gearing up, finals-wise. Most other schools start about a week earlier than UT, so Philip is starting to go through the crazy 1L freak-out phase. You know things are going bad when I got the following IM conversation:

Philip: http://www.rathergood.com/independent_woman/
Philip: WHY AM I LAUGHING?

To be honest, I'd been studying a bit that night, and even I found it funny.

Finally, this weekend is my cousin's wedding in Monterrey. So, that will be one more unproductive weekend. Looks like I'll actually have to start studying after class.

No comments: