Friday, August 18, 2006

We've got SNAKES

Yes, my friends, what you see is true. I have just returned from a viewing of the highly anticipated Snakes on a Plane. We got to the movie theater a half hour before show time, thinking it would be packed... alas, the only people in line to buy tickets was a family of four, and when we got inside, we saw no line to enter the theater. A pretty decent sized crowd ended up coming, but I would characterize them as the entire senior class of Westlake High. Westlake High football rules!

As for the movie itself, it is much as you would expect from a movie titled Snakes on a Plane. As promised, there was a little added sexuality and a lot of added violence. Lots of snakes biting lots of people in lots of very unfortunate places. Would I see it again? I don't know... although, that may be more due to my inherent fear of snakes and my lack of desire to see them all over again. So, maybe I told Mal that I'd go see it with him... whoops! I guess Beerfest will have to do, along with a home viewing of Spymate, the chimpanzee that works for the FBI.

I'm nearly moved into the new place. Living by campus has turned out to be extremely convenient already. Today I took a little jaunt to the Co-op in the 102-degree weather. Good lord, it was sweaty. I had to take a shower in the middle of the afternoon, I felt so disgusting. Also, I have a few friends living in the same complex or nearby so I get my privacy when needed, but I also can bug people for company whenever I wish.

For now, I'm using the UT internet which is fairly reliable. I can't seem to get a hold of Time Warner, those bastards have put me on hold three times, and I can never get through until I just give up, throw my phone against the wall and pull out a sizeable chunk of my hair. So it may be a while until I get cable TV and internet going. For now, I am heading back to Houston tomorrow to accompany Philip on some family poker night, get my semi-annual dentist visit on, and bring back all my clothes that didn't fit in my car the first time around.

1 comment:

Mal said...

I would like to announce to the world that saying you'd see a movie with me then going to see it with your friends makes you both a horrible girlfriend and a horrible person.